Welcome back to another episode of Take out the Trash, aka where I share with you my beauty empties. I have been working super hard to finish up products in the past months, since in 3 weeks I'm moving to the US and I have a huge stash of beauty products that cannot come with me, especially skincare. Let's take a look.
- Garnier Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover: the resident product in my empties. This is the only one that removes my mascara, I am almost through another one already, I will always repurchase.
- Biofficina Toscana Rosemary Hydrolat: this toner has an astringent effect that regenerates and purifies greasy and impure skin. I used it diluted with pure rose water and it was a good
- Yves Rocher Sebo Vegetal Pore Refining Serum: it was a nice fast absorbing serum, but I didn't see any major improvement in my skin so I have already moved on to another serum.
- Maple Holistics Vitamin C Anti Ageing Serum: I loved it well and tried to finish it, but unfortunately it turned orange, and it had to go. Vitamin C products don't have a long shelf life unfortunately.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-oil: love it, this was my third bottle and I will happily repurchase it in the future. Read the review here.
- Bioearth Day by Day Purifying Day Cream with tea tree oil, was a good daytime moisturizer for my combination oily skin. I wasn't blown away however, so I will not repurchase it.
- Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream: I have given this cream to my man because it is too heavy for me. He has really dry and flaky skin and this is the only cream that doesn't sting, but nourishes and hydrates his skin. I bet it would make a great difference if only he used it consistently. He asked me to purchase a new one, so maybe there is hope!
- Magnitone London Active Clean Brush Head: this was the head that came with my Magnitone Lucid (read more here). I now replaced it with the Soft+Sensitive brush head because Ii think the previous one it was irritating my sensitive cheeks, but was great on the oily areas.
- Sephora Algae face mask, purifying and detoxifying: I love these sheet masks from Sephora, they feel great even if I haven't seen amazing results. These purifying ones are not at all like a clay masks which worked so well for my skin.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask: this mask was sent to me to try. It is a very richly soaked foil mask that looks hilarious on (here). It gives a tingly feeling that I didn't love and did no miracles for my skin. I wouldn't purchase for the price.
- Tony Moly Skin Purifying I'm Real Makgeolli Mask Sheet: I purchased these from ebay before they reaches Sephora and used up all three of them. I can't tell a big difference on my skin because again it is a skin mask that should purify the skin, but that does not get removed from it. I think I should stick to my usual clay masks.
I usually don’t share too much of my body care because one shower gel is as good as the next in my opinion, but the Nivea Natural Shower Oil is one of the best products I’ve tried. It is a cleanser, but also and oil so it takes care of your skin at the same time. This means that I have to spend less time putting on lotion afterwards and especially in summer it is a savior. I finally finished The Body Shop Early-harvest Raspberry Body Scrub and I adored it. It looked and smelled like raspberry jelly, it contains raspberry seeds and extract. Loved it, too bad it was a limited edition. Finally I finished another tube of my trusted Dove Summer Glow tinted body lotion. I have mentioned this probably in every empties post so far. I love it, it gives my skin a natural tan gradually and I use it all year round. Finally I have tried the Foot Peeling Maks by The Face Shop. I am planning to write a full review with before and after photos, so keep your eyes out for it.
- Elf Eyelid primer: loved it for the past 3 years. This tube is not empty but has started not to work on my lids anymore and my eyeshadows started creasing. I have two back ups of this primer but I am taking a break to try the new Kiko Neutral Eye Base (post here).
- NYX Microbrow Pencil in Espresso: I just love it and I am devastated that it is finished. I will continue using my Kiko ones until I can get my hands on another one of these NYX Microbrows. They are so good, precise and have a great texture. with a great spoolie at the end.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara: this mascara is the love of my life, the best mascara i have ever tried. I think I am now at my 4th tube since it launched and I will always repurchase.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Metallic Pomegranate: beautiful color, it dried out unfortunately.
- Kiko Lip Relief Intensive Lip Balm: It stood on my vanity and i put it on everyday before I started my makeup. This lip balm has an SPF 15 which I like, but it wasn’t miraculous by any means. I haven't repurchased because I have infinite lip balms in mt drawers and purses.
- Essence Studio Nails Caring Nail Oil: I used it every evening to help my dry cuticles. I like it and it is inexpensive, I already have another one in use.
So here was the second to last empties post before the big move to America at the end of the month. I am working hard on finishing up as much stuff as possible so expect another heavy post in a few weeks!
Have you tried any of these or did I convince you to pick them up to try?