The Paciugopedia series by BeautyBats is back this month with a summery look and a twist. I couldn't be happier to have the chance to use some of my recent Makeup Geek eyeshadow purchases (swatches and review here).
This original look is again from the gorgeous Kamilcia (here) and is a teal smokey liner with a light cut crease in neutral colors. The shape of this look is really beautiful on her and I tried to get it to work with my hooded eyes. Such long wings work well paired with some half lashes to balance it out. But let's take a look at how I realized it.
I started by priming the eyes and shading the crease with my favorite Makeup Geek neutral shadows Beaches and Cream, Peach Smoothie and Mocha. Then for the fun part, I deposited a mixture of a matte white eyeshadow (Hean 801) and the gorgeous mint matte Shore Thing by Makeup Geek. Then I built gradually the wing alternating Makeup Geek Secret Garden, Peacock, Corrupt and the L'Oréal gel liner. I always have trouble to use Secret Garden because it is a very dark base with teal reflects, but it was perfect for this look to make the black liner a bit more interesting. On the lower lash line again a mixture of the mint and white shadows, with a touch of a darker blue (an old pencil by Kiko) on the outer corner.
And of course I couldn't pass this opportunity to wear a liquid lipstick that I bought during a sale and never wore on my lips outside of the house. I'm talking about the LA Splash Smitten Liptint Mousse in Severus, a gorgeous bright mint green. It is definitely an unusual color which I actually bought to use as an eyeliner, as I did with the MAC Retro Matte lipstick in this look here. However, I realized this look on a lazy Saturday and had no plans to leave the house, so Mint lips it was! My man had a good scare and then a laugh, but I kind of like it haha! What do you think?
This was also my first time playing with the new Nabla Cosmetics Blossom Blush and Shade&Glow Highlighters. My first impression was so good that I ordered another 3 pans after my initial order of 7. Here you can see the blush Impulse and the Highlighter Angel in action. The highlighter is especially evident on the cupid's bow, where I always slightly overdo it, oops.
- L'Oréal Infallible 24h Matte foundation in 24
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage in 020 Light Beige
- Anastasia Bevery Hills Banana to set under the eyes
- PuroBio Cipria Indissolubile 03
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- Nabla Cosmetics Shade and Glow Highlighter Angel
- Nabla Cosmetics Blossom Blush Impulse
- E.l.f. Eyelid primer
- NYX eyeshadow primer in white
- Makeup Geek Beaches and Cream, Peach Smoothie, Mocha in the crease
- L'Oréal Gel liner
- Makeup Geek Peacock, Shore Thing, Secret Garden, Corrupt for the smokey liner
- Makeup Geek Mirage on the brow bone
- Hean matte white single eyeshadow
- Kiko nude eye pencil (from an old LE)
- Eyelure Texture n.117 half lashes
Brows and Lips:
- NYX Micro Brow pencil in Espresso
- Essence Brow gel in brunette
- LA Splash Smitten Lip Tint Mousse in Severus
So here was my contribution to the Paciugopedia for June! You can find the looks and rules on BeautyBats blog, where Svampi started this whole series, and see my other looks here.
What do you think? Except for the lips, would you wear such a look? And a grade for my effort to recreate the original look?