It is that time of the year when brands come out with their Spring and Summer collections for 2016 and Benefit dropped a big one with their new blush palette. Containing five full size blushes and a brush, Benefit Cheekathon is a dream to the eyes (and the cheeks).
The Benefit Cheekathon blush palette contains five blush shades to flatter all skin tones:
- Dandelion is a sheer brightening finishing powder. The baby pink hue helps pick up dull skin and it is buildable to be used lightly all over the face or layered on the cheeks as blush.
- Hoola is the worldwide favorite matte bronzer. It gives a gorgeous tanned appearance to the skin and doesn't make you look like an Umpa Lumpa. I didn't understand the hype around this until I tried it: I am addicted!
- Rockateur is a rose gold blush with a wonderful satin finish. This has becoming quickly my favorite blush finish since it gives the most natural glow to the cheeks.
- Dallas is a darker dusty rose multi purpose face powder. The shade works as a blush and bronzer in one, perfect for days in which there is no time to spare!
- CORALista is the one I have been longing for for years. This shade embodies summer for me and is the most beautiful blush I own I think. It also has a hint of pearl that gives it extra dimension. Perfection!!
The quality of the powders is amazing as can be expected by such bestselling products from Benefit.
The packaging is a super cute cardboard box with no extras, which make it light and compact, perfect for traveling. They include a little booklet with directions of application and some look ideas, as well as a mini powder brush that looks like the perfect shape for contouring. All the face powders are full size, which makes this set a real bargain. Priced at 59€, each blush comes out to be around 12€ compared to the 33€ that they cost individually. This was always the barrier for me to try more Benefit box powders, so I am now a very happy makeup addict.
The Benefit Cheekathon is a limited edition palette, so I highly recommend to be quick if you have your eyes on it. I purchased it from Douglas as soon as it launched, but now I see it is out of stock there. However, it is still available on many other websites including Sephora (USA, France, Italy) and House of Fraser.
Have you ever tried Benefit Cosmetics box blushes and powders? What do you think of this palette?