Ah Valentine's Day, a day to celebrate love and wear anything pink you can imagine. I have never been a big fan of the holiday as a commercial invention to sell, so no gift guides from me here. Nonetheless, I do take it as and excuse to go out for a nice dinner with my other half and dress up nicely, because why not!
This look came around on one of my "Nabla" days, so I took out my Liberty palettes, and the pinks were calling me. My go-to trio in that case is always Circle in the crease, Mimesis in the outer v and Desire all over the lid. The result is a soft effect that defines the eye and is further elevated by a luminous inner corner highlight. Still, it is quite an understated look for me, so I completed it by adding a big wing using my newest makeup splurge, the MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick in Oh Lady. I was enchanted by the gorgeous color, but on the lips I'm still in the process of testing it (another look here) and having some issues (this one here). I loved it as eyeliner however, and will definitely do it again. It lasted all day without crumbling or moving at all. I am planning on a full review of this liquid lipstick soon, keep your eyes peeled! More new bits used in this look are the blush and highlighter from the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Blush palette. I have just got it in the mail and my first impression is quite good. Keep an eye out for a review of this one as well.
- Catrice All Matt Plus Foundation in 020 Nude Beige
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer 020 Light Beige
- Kiko Cosmetics Matte Fusion Pressed Powder in 20 Tan
- Nabla Cosmetics Circle to contour
- Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani blush Cherry and highlighter Angel
- Kiko Cosmetics Cream Crush eyeshadow in 03 mat Light Mahogany as base
- Nabla Cosmetics Circle in the crease, Desire on the lid and Mimesis in the outer v
- Neve Cosmetics Pastello Occhi Gioia in the inner corner and lower lash line
- Kiko Cosmetics Color Definition Eyeliner (Rebel Romantic LE) in 03 Warrior Viole in the waterline (outer half)
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick in Oh Lady as eyeliner
- Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara
Eyebrows and lips:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick in Oh Lady
So here is a soft romantic look that I think fits well with a date night or Valentine's Day. I know it is something my boyfriend would appreciate since it is not too over the top, but feminine and pretty.
Let me know what you think in the comments below! What makeup will you wear on Valentine's Day?