Welcome to the first installment of the Fall in love TAG by the gorgeous Marta from Caffelatte for Breakfast. Today we talk all about wine, because it's grape harvest time and who doesn't love wine?! I personally am not a big red wine drinker, but the color is one of my favorites and comes back in most of my makeup or clothing choices. I want to show you my favorite wine colored makeup and a look that is so me.
Let's start with eye products. I tried to make realistic swatches of all of these but I feel the red portion of the color isn't showing up properly, I apologize.
- Makeup Geek Burlesque: a gorgeous matte, perfect to put in the crease;
- Nabla Daphne n.2, I just fell in love as soon as I dipped my finger in this shadow.
- Nabla Grenadine, a bit more on the rosé side of wine, a beautiful red with pink shimmer.
- Lorac Mega Pro Merlot, it's all in the name, a deep purple-red that I don't use nearly enough
- Lorac Mega Pro Mulberry, a matte and lighter version of Merlot,
- Zoeva Cream Eyeliner in Magic Moment, beautiful gel liner of a dark wine color. I keep using it even though the formula is not my favorite because of the color.
Going on to lips, I found I don't have as many lipsticks that remind me of wine as I thought, a good excuse to go pick up MAC Fashion Revival maybe? The winners are for sure the Rimmel by Kate 107 and MAC Diva, whereas the rest tends a bit too purple maybe.
From left to right:
- Wjcon Lipliner 09 Bordeaux Scuro
- Rimmel by Kate 107
- MAC Diva
- Maybelline ColorDrama 110 Pink So Chic
- Maybelline ColorDrama 310 Beery Much
- Catrice Ultimate Stay Lipliner 040 Love the way you plum
As Marta said, let's not forget our favorite bubbly wines, prosecco and champagne. This is the color of my favorite highlighters for the eye and the cheeks:
- Lorac Pro palette, Champagne
- Makeup Geek ShimmaShimma
- Kiko Water Eyeshadow 200
- The Balm Mary Lou Manizer
- Inglot Gel Liner n.94
- Kiko Long Lasticng Stick Eyeshadow 07
Finally, here is the full look using the Lorac Mega Pro palette, Merlot all over the lid and Mulberry in the crease and then creating a halo effect by applying the Kiko Water Eyeshadow 200 with a wet brush in the center of the lid. On the lips I have Rimmel by Kate lipstick 107 on a base of the Wjcon lipliner in Bordeaux Scuro.
I hope you liked this post and I tag all of you fall lovers to do this tag too! You can find all the information you need in Marta's post here.
What is your favorite wine-color product?