Since it's the first week of the new year, it is time to look back to what my favorites have been for the past year and we will start on a Monday with skin care of course, keeping the spirit of my Skin Care Mondays.
Let's start with a bit of an introduction on my skin. I have combination skin that gets really really oily in the t-zone, normal to dry cheeks that don't give me great problems. The real issue for my are hormonal breakouts on the chin but I think I have found quite a good routine to keep them at bay, and here are the products I've loved and used the most through this past year!Cleansers & Toners:
- The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter: this was the first balm-type cleanser I tried in combination with a muslin cloth and I loved it. Now I use it mainly when I am traveling since the packaging is leak proof. i raved about it here.
- The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil: this cleansing oil came in a bit later this year and completely took over my evening routine because it is absolutely amazing at removing waterproof makeup such as eyeliner and mascara. Unfortunately the bottle is not completely leak proof so I cannot travel with it.
- Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel for oily sensitive skin: this cleanser has literally changed my skin. Once this guy came into play, the hormonal bumps on my chin became incredibly less in number and size. It foams but doesn't strip my skin, I am dependent from this guy.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Micro-exfoliating Astringent Lotion: this is an intense exfoliating toner that I concentrate on my problematic t-zone and really helps keeping everything clean and unclogged. It might not suit all, but works great for me!
Moisturizers and treatments:
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+: now here's another miracle maker. The new formula of the Duo+ not only helps prevent and combat impurities but also helps heal the skin and prevent scarring. This was also a great improvement to my chin situation and this is the only area I use it on, everyday morning and evening.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat sebo-regulating moisturizer is my daily moisturizer which helps to keep a bit of my oiliness at bay. I use it on the whole face because it is nicely moisturizing.
- The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion: this is possibly the finest face scrub I have ever tried and it really does a wonderful polishing job. Think about it as your finest sandpaper in your DIY toolbox. Incredible and very effective.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-oil: I've raved about it multiple times and have a full review here. It has been my evening facial oil for the whole year and I went through 2 of these. Awesome!
- Queen Helene Mint Julep mask / De Tuinen Green Clay mask: I love treating my skin to a purifying clay mask on Sunday evenings or even better when I get into the sauna after working out. These two have been my go to for the past year and they do their job very well.
- Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion: who doesn't love a light tan all year round, right? This is my go to body moisturizer which gives a very light color and moisturizes the skin without any risk of streaking like actual self tanners might do.
- Therme Finn Sauna Hot/Cold Scrub: This is a new discovery recommended by a friend and a very good one! This scrub gives your body the illusion of being in a sauna by giving at first a warm sensation while you rub it on your skin, and then when you wash it off it really cools your skin down leaving your with a wonderful fresh feeling. I highly recommend it, plus it comes in a gorgeous glass tub that looks great in the shower.
- Etos Wellness Your Pure Body Dark Clay Body Scrub: this is the other body scrub I used for most of the year and is from a dutch drugstore brand. The scrub is quite fine and is found in a clay type matrix that really helps cleanse and polish the skin. You really end up with baby soft skin. I was so impressed that I brought my mom one when I went back to Italy this summer.
So here are all my favorite skin and body favorites of the past year. Have you used these before? Stay tuned for the makeup favorites on Wednesday!
PS. There are only 2 days left to enter my Giveaway here for a chance to win makeup and skincare goodies!