|Makeup Geek eyeshadows in the Z-Palette|
The formulation is spot on: smooth, buttery, blends well, there is no fall out and the range of 60 colors satisfies all the necessities of neutral makeup looks, brightly colored one with a great selection of transition shades as well. They come in very convenient magnetic pans that you can sort and keep in your Z-Palette and organize any time you want. For those who prefer having single eyeshadows in their own packaging, you can purchase any shade in that way as well.
|Makeup Geek eyeshadows|
|Top row: Beaches & Creams, Peach Smoothie, Cosmopolitan, Vanilla Bean, Cupcake, Cocoa Bear|
|Bottom row: Shimma Shimma, Bitten, Burlesque, Mocha, Taupe Notch, Unexpected, Mango Tango|
The shades I own are (swatches by me):
- Beaches & Cream, a natural matte beige with a hint of peach. Good base color and to blend out any harsh lines, it matches my skin tone quite well (and doesn't really show up in the swatch);
- Peach Smoothie, a light peach beige (more than the above). Beautiful all over the lid for a matte natural look, again this matches my skin tone;
- Cosmopolitan, a gorgeous rose gold shimmer with gold flecks;
- Vanilla Bean, a matte cream color, my browbone highlight of choice;
- Cupcake, a matte medium warm pink, great both as transition color and as base;
- Cocoa Bear, a matte medium-reddish brown, perfect warm crease color;
- Shimma Shimma, a metallic champagne color, perfect to highlight the inner corner of the eye;
- Bitten, a matte deep burgundy red, perfect to pair with the next shadow for a burgundy smokey eye;
- Burlesque, a deep metallic burgundy, in love! see above;
- Mocha, a deep matte brown, the color of coffee, I use it on the outer V usually;
- Taupe Notch, a shimmery taupe, sounds boring, but looks gorgeous and is very versatile;
- Unexpected, a matte pink-brown, good crease color.
- Mango Tango, beautiful coral with golden shimmer.
|My Makeup Geek wishlist|
- Creme Brulee or Purely Naked, similar tan colors, the first matte, the second shimmery ;
- Pretentious, metallic bronze;
- Hipster, shimmery taupe/tan;
- Latte or Frappe, two matte medium browns of which Frappe is a bit warmer;
- Neptune, true vivid matte blue;
- Poolside, bright shimmery teal with specks of gold;
- Peacock, matte deep teal blue;
- Appletini, shimmery apple green with gold flecks
- Simply Marlena, named after the owner of the line, a true fuchsia with gold flecks.
These shadows retail for $5.99 on the website and they ship internationally for only $6-$8, making the whole deal quite cheap. The only thing I would suggest to keep in mind is to check the custom taxes in your country when ordering from the US.
On the website you can find a whole bunch of other very interesting products such as their own brushes and pigments. I haven't tried any of those but I hear they are amazing! Will definitely pick up one or two in my next order from them!
Have you tried any of shadows or other products from the Makeup Geek line? Which one is your favorite?